Programs of the house

Apród utca 1-3. – Semmelweis Medical History Museum

view on map
+28
  • Built:

    1790
  • Build by:

    Meindl János
  • Builder:

    nincs adat
  • Function:

    középület
  • Opening hours:

    SZOMBAT-VASÁRNAP 10:00-18:00 // SATURDAY-SUNDAY 10:00 - 18:00
  • Researched:

    2020, 2017
  • Parcel Number:

    6332
  • Photo:

    Sipos Zsófia
  • Research:

    Kolocz Dóra
  • Volunteers:

    Gréczi Emőke

Description

The one-storey trading house is located at the bottom of the southern slope of the Castle Hill, neighboring the Várkert. The Semmelweis family moved in in 1805; this is where Ignác Semmelweis was born in 1818. The house escaped demolition on several occasions; most recently in 1962, when it was renovated instead for the museum based on the design plans of Egon Pfanni. The ashes of world famous physician were placed in the garden in 1965.

Events of the house