+6
  • Architect:

    Lágymányosi Fischer József
  • Built:

    1927, 1928
  • Build by:

    nincs adat
  • Builder:

    nincs adat
  • Function:

    lakóház
  • Opening hours:

    SZOMBAT-VASÁRNAP 10:00 - 18:00 // SATURDAY-SUNDAY 10:00 - 18:00
  • Researched:

    2020
  • Parcel Number:

    5513
  • Photo:

    Polinszky Tibor
  • Research:

    Cziegler Mária, Török Tamás
  • Volunteers:

    Győrfi Dániel, Török Tamás

Description

In October 1927, the residents of this then newly built house could watch from their balconies the inauguration of the statue named ‘Wounded Hero’ by Jenő Bory, in the garden of the University of Technology. The house earned its nickname,‘House of Engineers’, with being the residence of several noted professors, painters, opera-singers and actors. There once stood a fountain in the inner courtyard.

Sources

Events of the house