Programs of the house

Mester utca 37-39.

view on map
+10
  • Architect:

    Fridrich Lajos
  • Built:

    1925, 1926
  • Build by:

    Budapest Székesfőváros
  • Builder:

    nincs adat
  • Function:

    lakóház üzletekkel
  • Opening hours:

    SZOMBAT 10:00–17:00
  • Researched:

  • Parcel Number:

    37856
  • Photo:

    Bögre Dorina
  • Research:

    Jekl Dóra
  • Volunteers:

    Pintér Emese, Hegedűs Barnabás, Arnold Mária

Description

This building was constructed during the years between World War 1 and 2 when Budapest was facing housing issues. This block, designed by Lajos Fridrich, was one of the first buildings which was finished as part of the ‘construction plans’ launched in 1926. While laying the groundwork for the building, graves were found, but it was not unusual as the Cemetery of Ferencvaros used to be located in this area that had been shut down in 1891. This six-storey building had 107 flats and almost all of them had a separate bathroom, which was considered as modern at that time.

Sources

Events of the house