Programs of the house

Nagy Fuvaros utca 4.

  • Architect:

    Freund Dezső
  • Built:

    1922
  • Build by:

    nincs adat
  • Opening hours:

    VASÁRNAP 20:00 - 21:00 // SUNDAY 20:00 - 21:00
  • Researched:

  • Photo:

    Vörös Nikolett
  • Research:

    Major Anna
  • Volunteers:

    Deák Andrea

Description

In the late 19th century, Jewish people of low income from Galicia and the eastern part of the country settled in the outer burrows of the 8th district (Külső Józsefváros), mainly craftsmen, assistants, merchants and peddlers. The building under Nagyfuvaros utca 4, formerly home to an inn and a casino, was purchased from the owner by the Emberbarát Egyesület (Society of Humanitarians), and they built a synagogue in the garden in 1922.

Events of the house