Programs of the house

Pozsonyi út 58.

+7
  • Architect:

    Halászi Jenő , Tóth Imre
  • Built:

    1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940
  • Build by:

    Bereczky Albert, Szalay István
  • Builder:

    Wanner Henrik
  • Function:

    templom
  • Researched:

    2017
  • Parcel Number:

    25123/3
  • Second address:

    Újpesti rakpart 34-36.
  • Photo:

    Lutz Dóra
  • Research:

    Major Anna

Description

The growing protestant community of Újlipótváros started the construction in 1936 after a number of temporary solutions. After overcoming all difficulties, the church was consecrated in December, 1940. Zoltán Kodály composed the Geneva Psalm No. 114. for the inauguration concert of the organ. The church community took an active role in saving Jews in World War II.

Sources

Events of the house