The plot of land of the house on the former Új Vásártér (New Marketplace) was bought by István Forgó and Teréz Fettich in 1870. After completion of the building, the house was owned by the Forgó family from Csongrád for decades, and later it was taken over by Simon Győri, who founded the Hotel named “City of Győr” here. The building was mainly the subject of tabloid news, with jealous love affairs spiced with jealousy. . Since 1927, it hostedThe Farkas Restaurant, and more recently a film studio. The Budapest School Secondary School moved here in 2022.